When life hands you tomatoes... you make salsa!


Wow. Its been a while since I've posted anything and I should offer up an explanation as to why. Well, you see, I absolutely love, no CRAVE this weather. Hot, humid, sunny...oh yeah!!!!! So, even though I've been working diligently away, as soon as I can, I'm out the door and into this glorious weather.

Some of my most fondest memories revolve around the summer, like the time spent working on my grandparents' farm. So, it would only be natural that I would eventually start my own little garden. Last year, we started small. Just a few plants to make sure that (1) we could grow something and (2) the yard critters (read turkeys, deer, bunnies...you name it!) didn't eat our profits.

This year we expanded based on our research of last year. All our plants had produced and we were able to keep up with what was there. But for some reason, this year, our tomatoes went nuts. We can pick bowls of tomatoes each day! We had so many I swear I ate tomato-o's for breakfast one day.

Life was handing us tomatoes, so we decided to make salsa! ...and spaghetti sauce...and pesto.

So, I've been tending to my garden and reaping the rewards of my hardwork. Much like running my own business. Its hard work, but it is so satisfying at the end of the day!

Nicola  – (August 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM)  

Send some my way! :) Hee hee! I love tomoatoes! Oh, and enjoy the weather, sun baby. It's actually pretty nice out this week. I can stand it for once!

Post a Comment

Contact

For more information on how we can make your designs come to light, contact us today at info(at)madcow-designs(dot)com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP